Sunday, November 25, 2012

Dollshouse Doll with her Doll

This little dollshouse doll's doll came dressed in a pink cotton nightie thing, cut in one piece and sewn only at the side seams and a scrap of nylon lace for a hat.  The doll measures 1 1/8 inches long or approximately 27mm long.  It really consists of a head and two hands attached to wires which are then covered in foam rubber and I wanted her to look a bit better than how she came in the packet. So I crocheted this outfit consisting of a pair of leggings to cover the wire wrapped in foam which has yellowed with age, a dress with a frill of the silk thread and a bonnet to match.  Now she looks more like a doll that would have been a birthday or Christmas present for the little girl of the house.  Mind you, I don't think I would do this again either as I kept losing my focus and having to blink and re-focus my eyes all the time. Here is a photo of Louise. I thought I would call the three children who live in my dollshouse by my grandchildrens' middle names so they will be Louise, Michael and baby June.

Louise is about to be re-vamped as well.  I want my dolls house children in play clothes, not this commercially made satin monstrosity which is only suitable for visiting Great-Grandma or going to a party.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment